EK4KIDS is the Primary Transportation of Glenwood Academy, Mt. Airy, MD
Bus stop location choices are dictated primarily by safety concerns for the students when getting on and off the bus. This means factoring in street sizes, sidewalks, traffic, number and age of the students, and duration of the route. The Transportation Department of EK4Kids tries to accommodate every family’s request when offering stop locations, but doesn’t necessarily offer a “door to door” service. For safety reasons, kindergarten students are not accepted on our buses that do not have monitors.
Audio and video surveillance and GPS tracking are used on the buses. It is strictly prohibited to for any child to ride a school bus without prior information to the Transportation Department — either by enrolling in the Yearly Transportation Service, purchasing an occasional Bus Ticket, or by emailing the Department at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Students must respect the Transportation Rules in order to be allowed to take the bus.
The EK4Kids Transportation Department may change any bus line, or bus stop at any time.
- July 10, 2016: Deadline for application requests for transportation allowing bus riding as of the first day of school,
- August 31, 2016. Applications received after July 10th will be honored based on remaining availability and will allow bus riding only as of September 14, 2016.
- July 20, 2016: Bus lines, times and stop locations sent to families.
- September 5, 2016: Labor Day
- September 6, 2016 (Tuesday): First day of school
- September 14, 2016: First bus day for students whose families requested Transportation service after July 10, 2016
Every school day, we operate our bus service to and from school
MORNING: From the students’ designated bus stop
AFTERNOON: Departure from Glenwood Academy at 5:00 pm
2016-2017 TRANSPORTATION FEE INFORMATION
- Transportation fees are established based on location agreed upon by EK4KIDS and the school.
- The Transportation Department assesses the distance and determines the zone applicable for pricing.
DEPOSIT per child – $100 deposit is non-refundable but will be applied toward enrollment fee
Application Fee: $100 (non-refundable and non-transferable)
New Family Enrollment Fee (payable once per family, at time of enrollment of first child, non-refundable) $1,750
Annual Registration Fee (per child) all payments need to be received by July 1.
EK4Kids offers a payment plan. Please contact us at email@example.com for more details.
Olney , Rockville , Germantown, and Frederick, MD
School Transportation Guide 2016-2017
www.ek4kids.com – O: 202-827-7381 F: 301-769-6989
YEARLY ENROLLMENT PROCESS
Transportation Application must be completed via the EK4Kids website: www.ek4kids.com/register
- No application will be processed without the non-refundable deposit (applied toward enrollment fee) of $100.
- All families must use the Online Enrollment and Enrollment Modules of the Parent Portal to request Transportation service for 2016-17. For any special concern or situation, please email the Transportation Department at: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Occasional Ride Tickets for students not enrolled in Transportation: $10 / leg. A maximum of 20 tickets per family can be purchased during each school year.
- If the adult has a last minute emergency preventing them to be at a stop when the bus arrives, they must call EK4Kids to make proper arrangements at 202-827-7381 or 301-686-8466 x2 or the child will be brought to the EK4Kids office in Frederick.
- If a parent needs to change their child’s bus arrangements at the last minute, they must call Transportation: (202-827-7381) or (301-686-8466 x2)
2 hour delay, School closed, Early dismissal
- For weather related issues, the Transportation usually follows Howard Country Public School system’s decisions.
- Parents are contacted via emails.
- Bus time changes follow exactly the School schedule.
- Parents may receive the Howard County Public Schools alerts by enrolling directly on their website on the «Howard County Public Schools Support and Resources for Parents » page .
- If a bus is delayed due to traffic or a mechanical problem, EK4Kids will alert the passengers’ parents via phone with information we have at that time. A follow up message will be sent once the issue has been resolved and service has been restored.
- Parents may call Transportation Department for information: 202-827-7381 ext. 2
Student Medical Emergency
- If a student’s medical condition requires special attention while traveling on the bus, parents must inform the School Nurse, who will then communicate the appropriate action plan to the Transportation Department.